Any business owner can boost their business with a consistent marketing calendar. There are common misconceptions though by small business owners and solo-preneur's that marketing is something they do some of the time and almost never choose to do it when they need it the most. Maybe that's why so many solo-preneur's and small business struggle. They lack consistency and almost never have a calendar to help them stay on track with their goals.
Here are 5 misconceptions that leaves struggling solo-preneurs scratching their heads and wondering why they can't get the constant flow of business they need.
1. They think they should be doing more 'work for clients' then actually marketing their business. This may sound unconventional but the truth is if you are a small business owner that needs more business and find yourself wondering where the next client is going to come from you are probably not spending the right amount of time marketing and you aren't doing it consistently enough and in the right places.
2. They have a website but think that having it there will bring them traffic and eventually business. Truth is, most small businesses and solo-preneur's don't keep track of their website traffic and therefore they don't have a consistent flow of traffic. If they did keep track they would easily be able to test and tweak their marketing with social media etc. They then could draw traffic into their website by using regular and targeted posts with their social media.
3. They think it's enough to have an opt-in collecting names on their website to build a list of qualified leads. UNTRUE! Having an opt-in box on your site will not be enough to encourage a fair amount of your traffic to exchange their emails with you. That may have been the case in 1997 but not today. Using a strategy such as an auto-responder service with automated emails set up in advance that supplies them with value and gives them a touch of what it would be like to work with you will increase your conversions ten-fold as well as lead them to an offer they can't refuse once they see the value you've added.
4. Thinking they don't have to ever get on the phone or face-to-face with a client and trying to convert sales with online orders only. This will be a HUGE struggle and leaves small business owners with little to no sales at the end of the month. Face-to-Face or Phone consultations are essential for any business especially higher price point services or products. You've got to make it easy for people to get you on the phone and one of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a scheduling service to your website pages in strategic places. This can be as simple as an automated service that supplies a link that leads them through the process in seconds and then delivers you an appointment in your email inbox. TimeTrade.com is a great one!
5. Not using a CRM (Customer Relations Management) System. Building a list is one of the most important things you need to do in your business however an email auto-responder service is not the only way to keep in touch with your clients. A system like Zoho.com is free and can be set up and used to take 'keeping in touch' with your clients to a whole new level and I assure you will make all the difference in the world when it comes to closing more deals and building high-quality relationships with your list.
Use a Marketing Calendar to Boost Your Business
I tell my clients from the start that there are key marketing pieces that they will need to implement right away and consistently to get that business rolling in but the most important thing they need to do is to keep track of their consistency and the best way to do that is to use a marketing calendar. Using a Year-at-a-Glance laminated wall calendar that is color coded to schedule your marketing ideally for a year in advance will grow your business very fast. In these techy times we are living in a laminated wall calendar may sound like surprising advice but giving yourself a birds-eye view will keep you on track and give you the ability to see things clearly and keep you consistent!
For a complimentary one-on-one strategy session schedule here=====> CLICK HERE